Wednesday, December 12, 2007

We tied the knot!

After a year of traveling between Omaha and State College, we decided it was time to experience life in the same town. Omaha made the most sense, so I transfered to Creighton University and moved into my first apartment. A few weeks after I arrived in Nebraska, Kevin traveled back to Camp Wabanna for the summer. (He commited to working there before I knew I would need to start classes in the summer to catch up with my program.)

We spent a long six weeks apart - me in an unfamiliar town trying to get my bearings and Kevin on the east coast without me! Kevin was nice enough to buy me a kitten to keep me company. We named her Harper in honor of the place we met (Harper's Ferry). August finally rolled around and I couldn't wait to pick Kevin up at the airport. Right after Kevin walked through security, he was down on one knee asking to marry me! I was totally surprised!

We got married 7 months later on March 6th, 2005 - a beautiful day in Nebraksa!


No comments: